Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween and Other Stuff

First of all, Caiden is doing much, much better. He went back to school last Wednesday and although he is just a little unsteady at times, he is doing well. He has an appointment with his pediatrician tomorrow and with the physical therapist on Wednesday.

Halloween has come and gone. I used to really dislike Halloween. It seemed like a lot of expense and hassle for one night, besides the bouncing off the walls that took place from the kids' sugar highs. However, the last couple of years, I've enjoyed it. The weather was amazing this year! Usually, the kids have to wear layers of long underwear, sweaters, and jackets under their costumes. Friday night was so warm, that the kids didn't even wear jackets under their costumes. Brooke set up our big screen and the projector in the front yard and showed "The Nightmare Before Christmas." Caiden hung out in a camp chair and watched the movie as he passed out candy. He was dressed as Dee Snider, the lead singer of Twisted Sister, so he was a little freaky in appearance. For the most part, he sat very still. It was fun watching people's reactions to him. Some weren't sure if he was a real live human being or just a dummy with the bowl of candy in his lap. The little kids weren't too afraid either way - they just wanted their candy! It was the teenagers that weren't too sure what to think. It was hilarious watching them try to decide if they dare come close enough to grab some candy! Some people would march right past him to the front door, so we made an arrow of orange lights pointing to him.

A lot of people loved the movie set-up. One little girl sat down and refused to move. She was much more interested in the movie than candy!

Here are a few pictures of our yard and of Caiden:



Here are some pictures of Bry and Alex from the school's Halloween parade:




Alex forgot to put his hood up over his mask. I think he was too excited about his "bleeding mask" and pumping the fake blood to worry about something as stupid as a hood!

I think Bry just wanted to look sharp. He said he didn't want anyone to think he was a nerd. Thus, the secret service agent costume. In other words, a suit and tie and sunglasses. He had a wire to his ear, but it seems to be missing in this pic.

The night before Halloween, the kids' elementary school had their annual Halloween carnival. And the night before that, Caiden and I had an etiquette dinner at "the Haunted Manor" to attend for mutual. It was quite the busy week!

2 comments:

Darla said...

I'm so glad that Caiden is feeling better. How scary! Your kids all looked awesome for Halloween! Bry looks like quite the handsome guy there! I'm enjoying reading the updates on your blog. Great way to keep up with what's happening with you guys out in happy valley!

Amazed said...

Oh my gosh, Ferrill, since I've been down sick, I've gotten behind here. That is so scary about Caiden! I hope that he's getting the help he needs....and well soon!
Quite the Halloween at your house! Great pictures. Take care!