Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Sooooooo Busy!

The last few days have been so busy! We are finishing a new bedroom in the basement for my oldest son and we are finally seeing the end of the tunnel. But that also means that my work has begun. I'm doing all the painting, including a couple of BYU logos that my son has requested.

I spent all day yesterday and part of this morning pruning my 30+ roses. I've already taken two truckloads to the dump, my arms are covered in scratches and I'm still not done. So much work! But it will be completely worth it come May when my bushes are covered with beautiful, fragrant roses!

I have been keeping up with the habit part of my 21-Day Challenge, but not the art journal part of it. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all my responsibilities and wonder how I am supposed to fit one more thing in. That is what my day 4 journal page is about. I was really feeling the crunch on Friday and that is when I started this journal entry. What I need to remember though, is that just as the sun is still shining above the storm clouds even though it's not visible to me, the Son (Jesus Christ) is still there even when I am overwhelmed by my personal rain clouds of responsibities. I need to take time to pray and read His word to feel His presence in my life and my responsibilities won't seem quite as overwhelming.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great page!! So cool! (And Go Cougs!!! ;))

Anonymous said...

know just how you feel!!!!

Anonymous said...

you brought up a childhood memory for me I forgot all about! we had rose bushes lining up all along the back of our yard. I can remeber going bare foot and stepping on those darn thorns! but they were sooo beautiful! you must take pictures when they bloom! Your hard work will certainly pay off!! Love the layout.. really epxresses what you are feeling