Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Sooooooo neglected

I started this blog to have somewhere to post my journal entries for Rhonna's 21 Day Challenge, but then I totally neglected it. It's time to do something with it, I guess. Rhonna has another challenge going now, but since it is the last few days until school starts for my boys, I think I'll wait until the next round.

Soooo, I'll post a photo from our vacation this summer. I went to my 20 year (yikes!) class reunion in Bonners Ferry, Idaho this summer. We stayed at my Aunt's house and this was the view from her house:



We arrived long after dark. The next morning, this was all fogged in. As the fog burned off, I was stunned. I had forgotten how beautiful it was there. It had been eight years since I had been "home." My immediate family has all left the area so going up there has not been a priority. I hope to go back a little more often now.

Growing up there was so different than what my children are experiencing. My younger brother and I would spend whole days exploring the woods by our house and we would ride our bikes for miles down the nearby county roads. I don't ever remember being bored or my parents being overly concerned about our safety. It's so different living in a suburban area in this day and time. I so wish my boys could have a taste of that carefee life that I was lucky enough to experience.

I haven't done a lot of scrapbooking this summer, except for a couple of chats and challenges. I can't wait to do more after school starts! I'll also try to blog a little more often for those of you who actually check it.

Anyway, have a super great day!

2 comments:

Jolene George said...

WOW Ferrill! My mouth dropped open at the sight of that beautiful picture. What an amazing view. You really were lucky to grow up in such a wonderful place. I'm having my 20th reunion this year too. I have great memories of growing up and staying out all day with my mom not really know exacly where I was. As long as we were home when the street lights came on we were good. bkyhyk

Jolene George said...

That gibberish at the end of that comment was the last word verification. I wasn't looking where I was typing. LOL!