PAYSON, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A 10-year-old boy was hit while riding his bicycle in a crosswalk at 800 South and 800 West in Payson on Friday night. Police say the driver was distracted and didn't see him. The boy was not wearing a helmet and flew almost 40 feet from the crosswalk. He was taken to the Mountain View Hospital in critical condition and was then life-flighted to Primary Children's Hospital.
Parker, the boy that this story is about, lives in my neighborhood. His injuries included multiple skull fractures and a shattered femur. The EMTs that arrived on the scene didn't think he had a chance.
A week ago today, I visited Primary Children's Hospital. I couldn't believe it when I spied Parker sitting outside in the courtyard, eating his lunch al fresco.

Less than two weeks after the accident, he began to talk, although he was difficult to understand. Because of his frustrations with not being understood when he talked, someone handed him something to write on and he was able to write and read, much to his doctors' surprise.
He will be coming home later this week, less than one month after his accident.
And there are some who think miracles cease to exist.
2 comments:
Miracles happen every day! I'm glad Parker is doing so well!
So glad to hear the update. I'm glad both our "Parkers" are doing well!
Post a Comment