Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Seth

My precious little neighbor quietly passed from the arms of his parents to the arms of his Heavenly Father early this morning. It has been a long road with many ups and downs.

He fought hard to stay here with his earthly family, living far beyond any expectations of his doctors. When he came home at nearly two months of age, the doctors weren't sure that he would even survive the drive home. He hung on for an additional thirteen months.

His disease is still a mystery. It was suspected that it was a mitochondrial disease, but all tests have been inconclusive.

I am sure that there is a celebration on the other side of the heavenly veil for the return of this incredibly special spirit. But on this side, there is an empty spot in his home and in the hearts of all who knew him.

He leaves behind his father, a man who has defended our country, a mother who is the strongest, most positive woman I know, and two older brothers who will miss him very much.

I am so grateful for the knowledge that life goes on beyond that doorway we call death. I am grateful that his parents and brothers will not only see him again, but are sealed in a family unit that is eternal. I am grateful that he is free of the pain and suffering of his short little life here on earth. I am grateful that he was born to amazing parents full of patience and love. I am grateful that I was able to know him and feel the special spirit that was always with him.


See ya' later, Seth.



1 comment:

Amazed said...

Oh my gosh...you were right. I was so sorry for your sweet friends when I read this today. How does anyone lose a child? What heartache. I don't know how anyone manages without an understanding of the plan of salvation. It would be hard enough even knowing they'll see him again. I hope they know of all the unknowns that have been praying for their family as well.