Saturday was my birthday. I went out to breakfast at Mimi's Cafe with my mom and six close friends. It was great! I couldn't think of anything I would have rather done than spend some time with these women that I love and adore. I brought my camera to take a picture of everyone, but I was enjoying myself way too much and forgot. I spent the rest of the day home with Brooke and the boys. Since Brooke was in no shape to go out, I made my own birthday dinner using these recipes off of Heather White's blog for Cranberry Crockpot Pork Roast and Lemon Butter Potatoes. So yummy and perfect together! I also made a salad with spring greens, feta cheese, almonds, Craisins, and a citrus dressing. My parents came over, and my mom brought fresh-from-the-oven homemade rolls and cheesecake.
Last week, I also spent a day tending this little sweetheart:


Isn't she a doll?!! She is such a happy little girl, too. One thing that I realized though, is that I don't have the energy anymore to take care of a little one like that day-in and day-out. Even though I wish I had a little girl, I think I will have to be happy for now with the occasional opportunity to babysit.
Oh, and last, but certainly not least, check out what my friend Rhonna is up to these days:

Check it out here. If you're not a scrapbooker, then at least check out their blog backgrounds and headers. They are not only fabulous, but incredibly inexpensive! Anything coming from these three women will be amazing!
5 comments:
Glad Brooke is doing better! I figured he wouldn't be recuperating very long!
I had a great time at breakfast, too! Thanks for inviting me!
Be careful what you wish for, as far as the babysitting goes... ha ha
Cute baby!
Happy belated birthday! I'm glad you had a great day. I'm even happier that you aren't dealing with tragedy with B. right now. What a blessing that nothing more serious happened!
And cutest baby! And yes, they ARE exhausting. It is hard work kissing babies all day long!
Hey Ferrill, Your birthday sounded fun! I wish I could have been there to go out to breakfast with you. Your bday dinner that you cooked souned divine! Great job on the food combo. Glad Brooke is doing better. Love ya, Darla
Hey Ferrill, Your birthday sounded fun! I wish I could have been there to go out to breakfast with you. Your bday dinner that you cooked souned divine! Great job on the food combo. Glad Brooke is doing better. Love ya, Darla
you know what's funny is that I just realized that this little baby is the same little baby I just babysat. :) I'm sorry you had a hard time with her the other day. It was awful sweet of you to take her, though.
Post a Comment