Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

For the past few years the boys have asked to make gingerbread houses. Until now, it hasn't ever happened. It just seemed like too much to deal with. Enter Wilton kits. I think I am in love! These were so easy. They were all put together, and all we had to do was to mix up the royal icing powder with some water, and then decorate with the provided candy. I admit, I bought some extra candy just in case. And as it so happens, someone had snitched some candy out of one of the kits, so it was a good thing I did. But really, the kit is all you really need. Here are the results:

Alex's:



Bry's:



Caiden's:



Of course, some of the candy had already been picked off and eaten by the time I got pictures, but I think they're rather cute anyway. And for $4.99 each . . . yeah, I am definitely in love!

3 comments:

Darla said...

Next year I'm looking for these kits! My kids want to make gingerbread houses, but yes...it's a lot of work. You'll have to let me know where you got them! The kids did a great job decorating them.

Ferrill said...

Wally-World! Actually I saw them all over the place (Target, Michaels, etc.) for about $10, but my Walmart marked them down early.

Here at home said...

I almost bought some of those. Now I'm wishing I would have. How cute and fun. Next year, I guess.