Friday, April 3, 2009

Before and After

Tuesday was the beginning of something new for Caiden and Alex. Here is the before picture (which is my new favorite picture of these two, since they look like they might actually like each other - gasp!):



This is the "during" pic:



And this is the after:



Yep, two of my boys have a serious case of brace-face!



Poor Alex, he gets to have braces twice: now, in order to make room in his already crowded little mouth for the HUGE permanent teeth lurking under his gums, and then again when he is a teenager to straighten those ones out.

Caiden gets to have oral surgery this summer to remove an extra tooth hiding below, as well as to remove his wisdom teeth which are quite close to the surface.

Bry's not off the hook either. He will be getting braces in about six months.

I wish I had taken pictures of the x-rays. Alex's mouth looked like a train wreck, and Caiden's was just weird with the extra tooth hanging out below. Alex looks like he might have an extra tooth also. Crazy stuff!

And what's with 14 year old boys that they always have to make a goofy face when a camera is pointed in their direction?!!

8 comments:

Jessica & Michael said...

I can’t believe Caiden’s 14. I was so little when I use to baby sit him. Now he’s a Teenager!!

Here at home said...

Ouch! That's really got to hurt the pocketbook. I sometimes wish I could get braces. Maybe someday I will.

Heidi said...

OK, I'm so glad my mom didn't take a picture of me getting my braces on. How funny do they look? That is a good idea, the before, during, and after pictures. I'll probably do it to my kids!

As to Caiden's funny face: I used to do that because I thought I wasn't very cute. If I made a funny face, people would look at that instead of my facial features. I don't know why Caiden does it. I was a 14 year old girl!!

Gwen said...

Fun before and after pictures! When I try to take a picture of Justin he turns his face or gives me the blank stare look. Must be universal! :)

Melissa said...

what great pics! We may be facing this soon with my girls~yikes! Such handsome boys..

Hideaway Girl said...

I love the during pictures! I still have a picture with me and two of my brothers, all 3 of us wearing head-gear (think Joan Cusack in the movie 16 Candles). It is one of my all time favorite pictures. We are just starting all of this with our oldest. Fun stuff! :)

Darla said...

Ahhhh...those "during" pictures are blackmail type pics! I don't think I would want to know what I looked like during the braces application. Hey, I like the new look of your blog. Butterflies...spring...it's all good! You're such the designer! Love, Darla

Amazed said...

The "during" picture is hysterical! Surely one will show up in a wedding video someday!