Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Reasons to Celebrate

#1 reason to celebrate: Last night I passed my kidney stone!
Two weeks ago, I started feeling cramping in my abdomen. By Saturday, September 20th, I wanted to die! I went to the ER, and they diagnosed a 6 mm (about 1/4 inch) kidney stone. I've been trying to pass it ever since and was finally scheduled for lithotripsy (where they blast the stone with shock waves to break it up) with possible ureteroscopy and stent (where they go in with a tool to actually find and "grab" the stone to pull it out and then insert a tube to help with swelling). I was supposed to check in to the surgical center this morning. As I read more about the procedures on the internet, I was beginning to wonder if the cure wasn't worse than the cause. I was so relieved when I went to the bathroom and passed the stupid thing! It looked like a houndstongue bur (those "hitchhiker burs" that stick to your socks). You can't even imagine how happy I was to call the urologist's office to tell them to cancel the procedure!

#2 reason to celebrate: Sarah Mei is coming home!
My good friends Dave and Gwen have been waiting a long time to be able to go pick up their little girl that they are adopting from China. They received their travel appointment on Monday and will be leaving on Halloween to go to China. I am so excited for them!

Reason #3 to celebrate: Alex was baptized!



My baby was baptized on August 2nd as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! We are proud of his choice to be baptized and happy that he is trying to follow the Savior.




Reason #4 to celebrate: Brooke's baby sister got hitched!
Brooke and I traveled to Las Vegas for his youngest sister, Meghan's wedding. Her new husband seems like a great guy and we are happy that she has found someone who treats her so well.



While in Vegas, we also had the opportunity to visit with one of my favorite old roommates and her cute family. So fun to see you, Tonya!

4 comments:

Gwen said...

Woo Hoo! You've updated your blog! And we're in it! Where's the picture of the kidney stone?? (hee hee)

Ferrill said...

I really wouldn't want to gross anyone out! Bry wouldn't even look at it!!

Amazed said...

My MIL actually kept her kidney stone (maybe it was a gall stone) in a bottle in the refrigerator for show and tell to anyone that came over! I live in FEAR of getting a stone....I'm SUCH a big baby!!!! I'm so glad it is over for you! And all the other news was exciting...I thought maybe you had fallen off the face of the earth!

Darla said...

You have lots of reasons to celebrate! I like the thought "Remember the little things in life..for one day you may look back and realize that the little things were the big things" (or something like that).

And of course..Count your blessings..name them one by one...

I've enjoyed your blog updates!